What We Believe
We believe that Jesus Christ and His provision of salvation is for all nations and for all people. Our Statement of Faith summarizes twelve core beliefs of Heart Lake Baptist Church. If you have any questions we would be glad to dialogue with you. Email us or call us.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Based on our orthodox interpretation of Scripture, we declare the tenets listed below:
1. We believe the 66 books of the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of humanity, and the final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All things are for His glory and it is God alone we worship.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is true God and true man, who was supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, rose bodily from the dead, and ascended into heaven, where now, at the right hand of the Father, He is our mediator and advocate.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit glorifies the Father and the Son, convicts people of sin, brings to spiritual life the believing sinner, indwells, guides, instructs, grants spiritual gifts, and empowers the believer for holy living and service.
5. We believe that both man and woman were created in the image of God, but disobeyed Him. They consequently incurred physical death, and also spiritual death, which is separation from God. This disobedience brought sin, guilt, moral depravity and suffering on humanity which is lost and in need of salvation.
6. We believe that God, by His mercy and grace, restores to Himself all those who, through faith, turn from their sin and trust in the resurrected Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for their salvation. Only those who receive Jesus as their Lord and Saviour are spiritually born anew by the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. Since Christ gives the believer life, the Christian life is lived as a joyful offering to God in relationship with Him.
7. We believe that water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church, but are not to be regarded as a means of salvation. Only those who have a saving relationship with Christ are to be baptised and receive the Lord’s Supper.
8. We believe that the true church is composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been made spiritually alive by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ, of which He is the head. All faithful believers will unite themselves with a local church for worship, teaching, fellowship, service and mission.
9. We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ will return triumphantly, take to Himself his people and bring to fulfillment the kingdom of God.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgement and everlasting conscious punishment with Satan and his followers.
11. We believe God instituted marriage to be a life-long, monogamous, loving relationship between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others. God’s gift of sex is designed to be protected within the covenant of marriage. We affirm that marriage between a man and a woman is the only context for sexual activity that is in keeping with God’s will and biblical principles. We believe that a healthy marriage is the best foundation for families and the raising of children.
12. We believe that God intends that all human life from conception to death should be considered and treated as possessing great worth and dignity.